Monday, December 14, 2009

Freestyle VS Academic

I bet most of you guys do not know that I started to blog since 2 years ago. First, I had my 1st blog in MySpace, then I switched to Blogger since May '08 for I favor its simplicity and MySpace was a total mess.

However, both of them are sites which I created as a platform to share my interesting encounters in my everyday of life with my friends. By viewing their comment, I felt satisfied, that they enjoy reading my blog. Perhaps, it was because I tend to share things in a funny way and even though it was about something bad, I would tried my best to write it in way that my reader would laugh at my silly or unfortunate encounter.

Of course, that blog are written in freestyle so it would be easy to create laughing point and could share it in a more relaxing way that reader would feel comfortable viewing it.

If you are interested in that blog, here's the link,

The Letters Crusade



My AUSMAT will officially start next year and for EALD (English as Additional Language and Dialect), our beloved teacher, Mr. Derick had asked us to open an academic blog. No rants, no raves, (no emo emo stuff?) no nothing. The materials will be used as input for our assessment and marks will be given for evidence of critical thinking, depth of analysis and synthesis of idea. Now that really sounds ACADEMIC.

This is my 1st time writing an academic blog and I have absolutely no idea on how academically should I be. Although it sounds so boring literally, I think there are methods to impart academic stuff in a more interesting way.



Now that will be a brand new challenge for me!!






And I hope that I won't be having schizophrenia for switching between academic writing and freestyle writing too often. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment